Thursday, 29 May 2014

Grungy Tag by Carol Fox


 
 

 

For a change this week I thought I would use a stencilled image as my focal point, instead of using it as part of my background.

 

This is what I did

 

·       I painted a couple of layers of Gesso onto my tag, when this was dry I applied quite a thick layer of Grunge Paste through my stencil using an old store card. I carefully removed my stencil and let the Grunge Paste dry.

·       I painted my whole tag with Distress paint. I dry brushed the colours on mixing the colours on the tag as I went, until I was happy with how it looked.

·       Using a small spot stencil I added the dots using white paint. I dried the whole tag  thoroughly with my heat gun.

·       I re-laid my stencil over the top of the Grunge Paste and gently applied black paint to the exposed area where the raised Grunge Paste was.

·       I finished by running the black paint round the edge of the tag I added a quote, machine stitching and a short length of ribbon.

 

I used 


Tag
Gesso

 

See you next week,
 
 
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...