Friday, 2 May 2014

Fairy Happy Birthday by Fliss Goodwin




 

 

Hi there, this week I have rather a girly but vintage style birthday card to share as I have quite a few family birthdays coming up in the next month so I took this chance to get ahead with a card for my youngest niece.

 

Here’s What You Need: 

Stamps Used:
Distress Inks – Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose

 

Here’s How To:
 

·       First, make the background paper. Cut a piece of the stamping card to fit your chosen card blank then using a sponge applicator, ink around the edges to a depth of around 5-6cm with the Tattered Rose ink then add Spun Sugar over the top. You’ll see from the photo below that I didn’t colour the centre, which is because I was going to cover it up!

 
·       I then stamped the flourish image around the edges with the green ink, stamping twice before re-inking for a slightly faded effect. Again, I didn’t stamp in the centre.

 

 


 

·       Using a further piece of the stamping card, stamp the fairy collage with the coffee ink and then colour with the Aquamarkers. I used Spring shades to tone in with my background paper. When dry, paint the fairy’s frock and hat with a touch of the glitter glue for some sparkle. 
 

·       Trim the collage to a panel leaving a fairly wide plain border for contrast. I decided against a mat for the panel having tried several options but I felt it looked best without. The choice, however, is yours! Add the collage panel to the card and you’re done.

 

See you again next week and don’t forget to check out our new challenge at 8am as I think you’ll love it – I certainly did!

 

Fliss x

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely background and an ever so sweet card. Really lovely.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...