Saturday, 31 May 2014

Butterfly Sparkle by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
 

Well we’ve had so much rain over the last week that I thought we could do with a real splash of colour. Was going for a Pop Art feel for this but a touch of grunge crept in in the background as well!
 

IndigoBlu – Flutterby
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps – Numbers, Confidence

Distress Ink –
Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn

Crafters Workshop Template –
Mini Specimens

Memento Ink –
Tuxedo Black

Clear Embossing Powder

Cut ‘n’Dry Foam

Rhinestones

White Card

Heat Gun

Black Card

 

What I did….

1. So first of all I inked up Flutterby with a mixture of Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers, stamped it onto some white card, quickly sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder and heat embossed.
 
 
 
 
 

2. Then using some Cut ‘n’ Dry I added colour to the background using Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn Distress ink.
 
3. Then I added another layer of interest with a bit of background stamping using the numbers stamp and by putting a bit of colour through the Mini Specimens mask.
 
 
 
 
 

4. Then I layered the panel onto some white and then black card before attaching to a card blank.
 
5. Then I stamped the quote from the Confidence stamp set and glued in place. To finish off I added three little rhinestones.

 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully colourful Donna and love the butterfly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You've inspired me to do something similar in my journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...