Saturday, 24 May 2014

Anyone for Cake by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 
 

So are we all ready for a long bank holiday weekend? I love the Alice Palace designs that Crafty Individuals do, so I have a fun birthday card to share with you today that features one of them.
 
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps – Lattice
Distress Ink – Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
Alphabet Stamps
 
 
What I did….
 
1. First I lightly blended Wild Honey and Picked Raspberry Distress ink onto a rectangle of white card using some Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam and then added a bit of stamping round the edges using the Lattice stamp.
 
2. Then I stamped ‘Anything and Everything’ in black and lightly added some colour using Promarkers. After that I mounted it onto another piece of white card leaving just a narrow edge showing and doodled a black line around the edge.
 
 
 
 
 

3. I created a second panel of colour in the same way I created the first but only put the colour around the edges as I wanted to layer my stamped panel onto this new coloured layer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
4. Then I mounted the stamped panel onto this coloured backing piece and then the whole thing onto a white card blank.
 
5. To add the ‘Happy Birthday’ I cut some little triangles of white card and stamped the individual letters using alphabet stamps………….I’ve had this set for years but if you didn’t have any stamps you could just hand write the letters. Then I glued these in place to form two little rows of bunting.

 
 
 
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. Really cute card Donna and love the backgrounds you created.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Donna!
    And, it was my birthday yesterday, & lots of yummy cake consumed! Lol!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...