Thursday, 1 May 2014

Alice in Wonderland Matchbox by Carol Fox


 
 

 

I have been very inspired by Kate Cranes little match boxes recently so I thought I would share one I made to an Alice them this week.

 

What I did

 

·       I used a plain white matchbox blank which I inked all the outer edges of the box and sleeve using Frayed Burlap Distress ink and an applicator, I then put this to one side for the ink to dry.
 

·       I coloured some scraps of white card using, spray inks, stencils and gesso.

 
·       I cut a strip of washi tape into thinner strips and ran this around the sides of the box. I used the card one as I thought it fitted in well with my Alice theme.

 
·       Now my coloured card was thoroughly dry I cut a piece to fit the top of my box, inked around the edges and ran a line of machine stitching round it. I stamped my image, glued it in place and coloured it before sticking the whole thing to the front of my match box.

 
·       I added a brad to one end of the matchbox and then used some of the remaining coloured scraps to line the inside of it, once the glue was dry I edge it with some black acrylic paint.
 

 



 

I can imagine Alice keeping this in her pocket to pop little bits in that she picks up on her trip to Wonderland.


 
 

 

I used 


          Matchbox Blank
          Stencils: Crafters Workshop Honeycomb and Tim Holtz Bubbles
Distress Markers for colouring
          Washi Tape
Brad
Machine for stitching
Odd bits and pieces in box, key, bottle charms etc.
 

 

Carol x

3 comments:

  1. A fab Alice matchbox. Love the contents - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful little piece of altered art Carol! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous little box; love what you put in it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...