Thursday, 17 April 2014

Strength by Carol Fox


 
 

 

I have recycled a beer mat for my project this week using the Cowgirl Strength plate from Artistic Outpost rubber stamps.

 

This is what I did

 

·       I stamped my main image onto a piece of paper and coloured it using Distress inks.
 

·       I cut a scrap of pattered paper to the size of my beer mat, inked the back of it, and then made a small circular hole in it. I used this as a guide to position my image underneath it where I wanted it. I then carefully tore the hole a bit bigger leaving an overlap piece that I could tear into strips and curl back to frame my image. Once I was happy with it, I glued my image in place behind the hole and then stuck the whole thing onto the beer mat.
 

·       I stamped my quote onto white paper and coloured it with Distress ink, inked the edges with black, and glued it into position. I then edged the whole mat with black paint and added a few hand drawn lines.
 

·       I stamped, cut out and coloured my bunting before gluing it in place along the bottom of the mat.
 

·       My flower I made by cutting a strip of text paper from a book and inking with the same colour inks as I used on the bunting. I then snipped it along its length before loosely rolling it up. I put a spot of hot glue on the uncut edge to hold the coil in place and then gently unfurled the cut edges to form the flower shape, once I was happy with how it looked, I added it to the top corner of the mat using hot glue to hold it in place.
 

·       I punched holes and added eyelets to the top corners for hanging.
 

·       I added a short length of string to hang it by, attaching a charm to the string and to the bottom corner of the beer mat hanging.

 

I used 


Beer Mat, or cut your own from card
Patterned Paper Scraps
Distress Inks: Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot
Glossy Accents to glue
String
 
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...