Thursday, 24 April 2014

Picture This by Carol Fox


 
 
 


This week for my project I have up-cycled an old picture frame that I picked up in a 2nd hand shop.

 

This is what I did

 

·       My frame was quite old and dirty so I started by giving it a good rub down with a piece of sand paper before giving it a base coat of Fresco Sky Paint.
 

·       When this was dry I gave it a coat of crackle medium which I gently heat dried, keeping my heat gun moving all the time so the medium did not bubble, when this was dry I gave it a top coat of Honeydew paint, making sure I applied the paint in the direction that I wanted the crackles to go, again I gently heat dried this.

 
·       I tore some old book pages up into smallish pieces so they were easy to work with and glued these onto the frame using glue and seal, once they were glued in place I gave the whole frame a coat of Glue and Seal to give it a bit of protection.

 
·       Once this was thoroughly dry I embossed using gold embossing powder and a crackle background stamp to give it a little bit of texture.

 
·       I stamped my image onto cream card, coloured this and then glued it into position before giving it a coat of Glossy Accents to make the colours brighter.
 

·       I added scrabble tiles to the top, which I also sealed with a coat of Glossy Accents.

 
·       I stamped my word onto cream card and positioned it behind a decorative bookplate which I filled with Glossy Accents, once it was dry I glued it into position as shown.
 

·       My roses were white paper roses that I had in my stash. I sprayed these with Postbox red Dylusions ink and while they were wet I doused them with clear embossing powder that I then melted with my heat gun. I highlighted these slightly with bronze gilding wax.
 

·       I stamped the leaves onto white card and inked them with green distress ink and then cut them out. I positioning these and the roses onto the frame, once happy with how they looked I glued them into place. I then covered the leaves with Glossy Accents.
 

·       I now replaced the glass and back of the frame.

 
 

I used 


Frame either new or second hand
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints Sky, Honeydew and Crackle Medium
Book text pages
Glossy Accents
Scrabble Tiles
Bookplate
Paper Roses
Scraps of cream and white card

 

See you next Week,
 
 
Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...