Monday, 7 April 2014

One called Peter, One called Paul by Deborah


 
 
 

Dina Wakley: Scribbly Birds
Tim Holtz: Bitty Grunge
PaperArtsy: Mini 72
Distress Paints: Mustard Seed; Stormy Sky
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed; Iced Spruce; Evergreen Bough
Ranger Archival Ink: Wendy Vecchi - Watering Can; Jet Black
ProMarker: Ice Grey 4
Watercolour Pencils 
Water soluble pastels eg Gelatos
Water Brush
White Card  Paper scrap for paper piecing
 

I've been waiting for Dina Wakley's Scribbly Birds to be back in stock so as soon as I received them I started playing. I call this style Perfectly Imperfect (so I'm messy!).

I don't think these cards need much explanation really, apart from a couple of pointers, as it is fairly obvious how they were done - with a mix of Distress Paints and inks. Both cards were edged with a grey ProMarker: one with a thick line, one thin.

The bird on the left-hand card was paper pieced using a bit of scrap paper from when I was trying out a handmade stamp (using Evergreen Bough) and stamping imperfectly (there's that word again). The bird on the right-hand card was stamped with the Stormy Sky paint and then over-stamped with Watering Can Archival ink. Then it was coloured in first with some Mustard Seed painted on with a water brush, then with water soluble pastels (I used Portfolio Pastels but Gelatos are almost identical) for shading.
 
Don't forget to clean your stamps immediately when using paint on them. I scrub away with a baby wipe and then clean them in soap water later if necessary.


Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant deb....also brought back memories of my nan saying that rhyme to me when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab cards. i didn't know you had the Dina birds ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful striking cards Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debs, these are absolutely gorgeous and those birds are so cute.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute but in an arty way - love those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lovely little cards. I like the way you edged the cards with a grey marker and the bird paper-pieced from your own-stamped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of lovely cards, I love the cute birds.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love these birds and great to see you playing with them... gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...