Saturday, 26 April 2014

Man’s Best Friend by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 
 

So everyone ready for the weekend? I have a couple of journal pages to share with you today…..
 
Crafty Individuals Stamps – Alice Palace Designs British Bulldog
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps –
Graffiti

That Special Touch Mask -
Chevrons, Swiss Cheese

Gesso, Black Gesso

Distress Paint –
Mowed Lawn, Antique Linen, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed
Distress Ink – Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed
Memento Ink –
Tuxedo Black

Black Pen
Cut ‘n’Dry Foam
Punchinella
Fine Paint Brush
 
 
1. First of all I applied a thin coat of gesso over the pages then gave them a quick dry (think I’ve said before I don’t do waiting!!) then put on blocks of colour using Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed Distress Paint. I let it dry a little and then wiped some of it off with a baby wipe to reveal patches of the gesso covered pages underneath. Then I added some Distress Ink…..Peacock Feathers, Vintage Photo and Mustard Seed.
 
2. Then to add a bit more interest and another layer of colour I blended in more ink and a bit more paint through the Chevron and Swiss Cheese Masks plus a bit of punchinella. Then I added some stamping using the graffiti stamp by Kaisercraft, a few doodled flowers and a few black lines done with an old gift card and some black gesso.
 
3. Then I stamped the bulldog onto a scrap of white paper cut him out and coloured him with Distress inks using a bit of Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam. I cut a few strips of old book paper coloured them with some Mustard Seed Distress Ink and glued them onto the page and then glued the bulldog into position. Then I added the pics of my little monster onto the other page.
 
4. Finished it all off with some drawn lines, bit of shading, painted the doodled flowers and added some stamped wording using some alphabet stamps.

 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Fab pages Donna and your little fella looks so cute.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...