Saturday, 19 April 2014

Generations by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 

Morning all! Well time to play with some new Artistic Outpost stamps.
 
Artistic Outpost – Generation Redux, Chalkboard Wisdom
Distress Inks – Old Paper, Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
Die Cut Arches
Die Cut Cogs (had these in my stash but these IndigoBlu ones look very similar)
 
1. Started off by colouring up three small arches (I used die cut ones but you could easily cut your own) with some Old Paper Distress Ink and then using some of the smaller stamps off the Generation Redux set I added a bit of a background.
 
 
 

2. Then I stamped some of the main images onto some scrap paper, cut them out and roughly shaded them with some Distress ink before gluing them in place. I then mounted the arches onto some dark brown card and cut them out leaving a fine border.
3. Then I coloured some die cut cogs up with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and glued them in place around the arches.
 
 
 
 
4. Then I cut a piece of Kraft card just big enough for all the arches to fit on, swiped it over with a bit of Antique Linen Distress Paint. Then I added some stamping using Pumice Stone and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink before gluing the arches in place. The sentiment/quote comes from the Chalkboard Wisdom plate.
 
 
 
 

Have a lovely weekend and see you next week
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely piece Donna, it makes me wonder what the story is behind those characters. I love your use of the cogs and those little arches are perfect for those beautiful AO stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Donna. Love the idea and the beautiful soft vintage tones.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...