Saturday, 15 March 2014

You are the Hero by Donna Ratcliff





 
 
Morning all! Woohoo new Artistic Outpost stamps in store, just love playing with their stamps. So no guesses as to what I’ve used for today’s project!

Artistic Outpost Stamps – Paperboy
Distress Inks – Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Mowed Lawn
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black  Crafters Workshop Mask – Mini Brickwork 6”x 6”
Clarity Stamp Mask –
Leafy Swirl 9”x 11”
Gelli Plate –
6”x 6”
Cut and Dry

White Card

Cosmic Shimmer Glue

….and now we’ve collected the supplies, here’s what to do…..
 

1. So I started off with a gelli print from my stash, honestly can’t say what paint I used but I know it was a clean off print and that it used the Leafy Swirl Mask by Clarity Stamps.



 
 

2. Then I used the brickwork stencil, a bit of sequin waste and some Distress ink to add some extra interest to the background.
 
 
 

I also added a bit of stamping using the wording block from the Paperboy set but stupidly took pic before I did the stamping but you can see it in the main picture.
 
3. Then to create my tag I took some scrap paper left over from when I’d done some gelli printing (never throw anything away!)
 
 
 

cut it into a tag shape and mounted it onto a bit of card. I stamped one of the figures from the Paperboy set using black Memento Ink onto the tag and then added a little Pumice Stone Distress Ink around the edges of the tag. I stamped the word ‘Extra’ onto a small piece of cream card and edged with more Pumice Stone. Then I just added a bit of ribbon to complete.
 
 
 

4. Then I stamped the ‘you are the hero….’ sentiment onto another piece of cream card and edged with Pumice Stone again.   
  
5. Then I simply mounted everything up onto a card and added a little doodling around the edge of the gelli print and the sentiment blocks.
 
So have a great weekend and see you again next Saturday.
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. THis is beautiful Donna. Really love the background and the grungy feel to your creation.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Donna, love the paperboy stamp and that wonderful background.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...