Thursday, 13 March 2014

The Dare Devil by Carol Fox


 

 

 

Ohh New Artistic Outpost stamps are in the shop. This has always been one of my favourites of these and I have made a tag and pocket this week. I have also set myself the challenge of only using one blue ink pad for my background. It is a long time since I did this as I now seem to add as many colours as I can, but I thought it would be nice to try it again and I must admit I had forgotten how much variation of shade you can get with one ink pad.

 

This what I did
 

·       Cut three tag shapes from white card, I used a Sizzix die, but you can cut them by hand or use a purchased tag. Chop the top off one so it will be short enough to attach to one to form a pocket, trim one of the remaining two slightly narrower so it will slip inside the pocket when made.

·       Glue vintage book paper to what will be the wrong sides of all the 3 tags (I am still calling the chopped off one a tag).

·       Use the blue Distress ink to colour the uncovered sides of the tags, applying with a blending tool, Ink the paper covered sides with Walnut Stain.

·       Use the same blue ink to stamp the text onto the blue coloured sides and then use the same ink through a stencil to complete your background.

·       Stamp the main image and the postmark style image directly onto your tags using black Archival ink.

·       I stitched my short tag to the front of the one without the image on it to form a pocket, I also stitched round the edge of the decorated tag.

 


 

·       I stamped my quotes onto a border of the book pages I covered my tag backs with. I stuck these in place and then drew a broken line round them.
 
 
 
 
 

·       I added a bit of ribbon to the top of my tag to finish which I held in place with a small staple.

 

I used 

White cardstock if you cut your own tags or buy tags HERE
Distress Inks: Stormy Sky; Walnut Stain
Tim’s Tiny Attacher and Staples
Vintage Book Paper
Ribbon
 
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...