Saturday, 29 March 2014

Poppies by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 

Morning all! I‘ve been playing with IndigoBlu stamps again……
 
IndigoBlu Stamps – Blazing Poppies, Live Laugh Love 
Sam Poole Stamps –
Alpha Writing
Distress Inks – Persimmon, Pumice Stone, Mowed Lawn
Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black
 
….and now we’ve collected the supplies, here’s what to do….. 
 
1. So for my background I’ve actually used a piece of scrap paper that had been used to clean off my brayer and by the looks of it a bit of a mask!  Would love to list all the colours …….but……no hope there I’m afraid!! Just remember that sometimes those bits of scrap/clean up paper can be rather useful!!
 
Anyway once I’d trimmed it down a bit I stamped the Blazing Poppies to one side of the sheet and also randomly around the edges, also added a bit more random stamping using Alpha Writing and some butterflies from the Live Laugh Love set. 
 
 
 

2. Then I stamped the flowers again and coloured them in with a bit of Cut ‘n’ Dry foam and some Persimmon and Mowed Lawn Distress ink, then cut them out and layered them onto the background. Also added some colour to some of the butterflies.
 
 
 

3. Stamped the Live, Laugh, Love sentiment onto a piece of white card in black, cut out the individual words and then edged them with a little Pumice Stone; then I glued these in place to the side of the flowers.
 

 
 

4. To finish off I added a bit of shading round the edges with Pumice Stone Distress ink and a bit of doodling with a white and a black pen.

 
So have a great weekend and see you again next Saturday.
 
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous collage Donna, fab work! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Donna and I wish my clean off backgrounds looked half as good!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...