Monday, 17 March 2014

Lin Brown 07 by Deborah


 
 

 

These three pieces all came about just from playing with my new Lin Brown stamps and limited edition paints, stamping them onto stencilled or painted scraps, then matching them to stencilled and gelli printed papers from my stash. Rather than stamped sentiments and phrases I used Tim Holtz remnant rubs.
 

Observations:

 
 

Two of the leaves were stamped onto paper I'd painted with the Lin Brown paint colours to see how they layered (three of them are transparent). The background is the scrap paper I cleaned my brayer onto while gelli printing. Because there was white paper showing once I'd cut the scrap paper to size I used the tiny dot stamp to knock it back and add texture. I edged it with Umber and Black ProMarkers.
 

Discover Life:

 
 

The trees are actually leaves stamped onto sprayed, stencilled paper. I mounted them on a scrap of brayering-off paper, added the tiny dots and tree trunks (Cinnamon ProMarker) and edged with Forest Moss ProMarker and fine black pen. The background mount is a gelli print using bubble wrap as a stamp, but there are plenty of bubble wrap stamps and stencils at That's Crafty! as an alternative. I also added the tiny dots and ProMarker edging.
 

Butterflies:

 
 

The butterflies are stamped on Dylusion sprayed paper, then mounted onto a strip of paper decorated with the fold and stain method (see my project from 21st October 2013). I added the antenna and edged the butterflies with a fine black pen. Again, I used a brayered scrap, stamped with tiny dots, edged with ProMarker and added Remnant Rub words.
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. All three of these are fabulous Deb, the colours and patterns are wonderful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fabulous selection! brill job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love all three of your creations.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing, Deborah! I love how the leaves on the first one glow, and really pop against the background... and the butterflies are fab. All three are terrific!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, yes they would make good cards. My fav is the first one, possibly because of the striped background and/or the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!
    The colours are so sympathetic to the stamps you used - love all the extra additions to each panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debs these look just amazing! Fabulous backgrounds and love them all to bits.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great pieces, Deb. The middle one is just my particular favourite, as I love the depth and the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...