Thursday, 20 March 2014

In the Summer Time by Carol Fox


 

 


The warmer weather we have had the last few days have made me think of lazy days on the beach with my book. I love nothing better than sitting on the beach of a summers evening listening to the sound of the waves and I do have a massive selection of sea themed stamps especially light houses and this image by The Artistic Outpost is one of my favourite lighthouses.

 

I used an 11 cm square of MDF as my base
 

·       I did a crackle as my base using Fresco paints and their crackle medium using Nougat as my top coat as it’s a nice light colour to stamp and paint onto.

·       I stamped my main image directly onto the painted surface using black Archival ink, I then sealed this with a coat of multi medium

·       I coloured my image with paint thinned with water so the shades were soft and muted, giving the sky a wash with blue paint.

·       I stamped my quote directly onto the board with Archival ink.

·       I coloured a scrap of German scrap with gilding wax and stuck it along the bottom with Cosmic Shimmer glue.

·       I edged the square with embossing powder and black paint.

·       I added my imaged that I had stamped onto cream card and coloured using Distress markers, I bumped it up off the surface a little bit with some sticky fixers.

·       I glued a short length of mother of pearl trim to the back so it would hang down and be seen from the front.

·       I punched holes, added some eyelets and a length of chain for hanging, and tying a scrap of co-ordinating ribbon through one of the jump rings.

  

I used 


Distress Embossing Powder
Eyelets and Punch
Bead and Ribbon Trim
 
 
Carol

1 comment:

  1. A really lovely scene there Carol and makes me long for Summer.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...