Thursday, 6 March 2014

Going Up by Carol Fox


 

 
 

There is nothing like a new rubber stamp to get me fired up and inspired and this one from PaperArtsy designed by Darcy really got me going. I have incorporated it into a journal page this week.

 

This is what I did

 

·       I randomly scribbled Gelato’s in several shades of blue over my page and then blended theme with water and a paint brush, I then added red over the top and blended this in to, added more of all the colours until I was happy with the coverage.

·       I scribbled circles with a dark pink and blended these again, adding more of a similar shade and building up the colour until I was happy with them.

·       I added my flower stalks with black Archival ink.

·       I added red dots with a stencil and paint.

·       I have some very old foam stamps from which I have started to use again recently. I scribbled directly onto the stamp with a dark blue Gelato, misted it and then stamped onto my page, and this just added a very faint diamond pattern to the background.

 

 
 

·       I used a stencil for my hearts, just placing each one where I wanted it and filling it in with pale pink paint.

·       I now need something to bring it together so I used white gesso through as stencil to add letters over may page, avoiding the flower shapes.

·       Using black Archival ink and a flower background stamp I filled in any gaps.

·       I now used black and white pens to add outlines and general doodling to the page, this is my favourite part to do.

·       I added my black arrow, my computer generated words and my cycling bird, finishing the whole page off with a bit more doodling, some glossy accents and a few flicks of black Dylusions Ink.


 


 
 

I used 

 

Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Further Around the Edge (flower stalks), Background Love
Paint 
Black and White pens
Picked Raspberry Distress ink and pens to colour my image and words



Carol

3 comments:

  1. Wow love this fab colours and stamps.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all - fabby stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously quirky page Carol. Love it!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...