Monday, 3 March 2014

Gelli Birds by Deborah


 
 
 

 

I watch Barbara Gray on Create and Craft making fantastic gelli prints with discernible patterns. Most of mine, or the ones I tend to end up using as backgrounds, are really just textures. But that's all good.

I had this purple and greenish yellow piece for ages so I've had to take an educated guess as to the colours I used. You can just about see the Polka Dots stencil at the top. I also used ArtistCellar Bodacious Pods but you can't really see that. In the same session I pulled a print with the song bird stencil in place and I've cut out the two best ones for this card.  I do know I used Eco Green Clay for the hearts which I've also cut out.

After laying my birds and hearts on the background to determine the best arrangement I glued them on. Then I got to stamping the grid (Tim Holtz), stitches (Prima) and words (cut from the British Bulldog stamp in Watering Can. I think I've been a bit heavy handed with the grid stamp; on reflection, I should have stamped it without using an acrylic mount.
 
 

I've had the Stampin' Up coloured card since 2007-8 (I have way too much unused stash) and it matches the colours in the print pretty well.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. An absolute stunner Debs and a masterpiece of grunginess!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of the grid stamp.
    Love the layers of stencils and stamps.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how the beautiful Gelli birds stand out, and I love the distressed look of the hearts. Fantastic inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY, REALLY like this card. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...