Sunday, 9 March 2014

A Lady in Waiting - Lavender Sachet by Lynne Moncrieff




 
 
 
 
With Mother’s Day (not only celebrating Mothers, it could be Mother-in-Law, Grandmother, etc) this month I plan on sharing a few gift ideas.

The first is this lavender sachet with a photo real stamp taking centre stage.


Supplies

Lace
Extras:- lavender, small piece cut from bead trim, iron
 


Instructions

 

Prepare by:-

 


Cut a piece of Lesley Riley’s TAP slightly larger than your stamp choice.

Cut the Sticky Canvas to required size, allowing for lace border.

Have your iron switched on and have a firm working surface prepared.
 
 

Now:-



Ink up China Doll stamp with Archival Ink. My preference is to use a Speedball brayer to apply the ink, for me it provides the best stamped impression. 

Stamp onto the piece of TAP.
 
 

NOTE when transferring the TAP image the weave/texture of the fabric will be evident.  On this project you can see the texture of the canvas however the clarity of the stamp girl is faultless.
 

At this stage lightly apply colour with watercolour pencils. Inside the package of TAP there are good tips on using watercolours, etc to ensure the best results.

Using the hot iron transfer the TAP image onto the Sticky Canvas.
 


Completing the lavender sachet:-

 


Surround the image with lace.

Fill the sachet with lavender. Before closing the top edge tuck a little hanging loop inside.

Finally, embellish the sachet with a piece cut from decorative trim.



Until next week,



Lynne

18 comments:

  1. this looks wonderful Lynne - so feminine and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty this is!!! If only I could put this between my fresh sheets.......sigh!!
    Think I just have to make it myself, so thanks for telling me how to :-))
    Groetjes Gery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lynne!
    Thank you for sharing so many good tips and for endless inspiration and beauty...
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect gift, so feminine and delicate. I love the image. I had never heard of TAP - I'm so new to all this, so thank you for the info. I'm off to investigate! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne....love your gorgeous gift project . I have never used TAP but the image transfer is amazing.
    Stunning Vintage make

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne How beautiful. I do love the image and the way you have put this together is stunning. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so beautiful! I did buy some TAP after you had used it once before, but have been too frightened to use it..... perhaps I will now. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Lynne! Love how the stamp came out on this too, the texture really adds to the beauty of it. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite Lynne! Utterly gorgeous work. That's a beautiful stamp set and you have really made this image look her best. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful piece... Love the image & wonderful lace...simply perfect... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beauty! The stamp and the sachet! Makes me want to try this, but I don't sew, even a little bit :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gift Lynne, love that stamp. I can almost small the lavender :o)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It certainly be a wonderful gift anyone would be ver happy to recive, it's stunning, fabulous work as always Miss Lynne, thanks for inspiring us all..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This lavender sachet is too pretty to put in your closet! I really love your work, Lynne !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A delicious vintage make - it could only be Lynne's - just wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...