Monday, 10 February 2014

Vintage Valentine by Deborah


 
 

Character Constructions: The Queen of Tarts Collection - Plate #8; Plate #11
Stampndous!: Santos Angel
My Mind's Eye: Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing
 
Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone, Shabby Shutters, Brushed Corduroy
Distress Marker: Picket Fence
Watercolour Pencils
ProMarkers: Cinnamon, Rose Pink
White Stamping Card eg PaperArtsy Smoothy White Stamping Card
White Stamping Paper eg Ranger Inkssentials Specialty Stamping Paper
Glue Stick
Double Sided Tape
Craft Mat
Heat Gun 
Extra: Pink Card for card blank (or colour white card with Rose Pink ProMarker)
 

I'm not really a romantic, hearts and flowers type so I love these distinctly quirky Valentine stamps from Character Constructions. If you left off the banner (I cut mine away  from the main image) and used different colours this could work for a birthday, or even a 'we've moved' card.

First I made a background using the wrinkle free distress technique ie rub Distress Inks onto a craft mat, spritz with water and swipe the card through it. I did this 3 times, drying it with a heat gun between layers. After the third time I flicked water onto the surface then blotted with paper towel.

Using Brushed Corduroy I stamped the buildings from plate #8 and the main image from plate #11 directly onto my background. I stamped the dress and the banner again on scraps of stamping paper then glued them on top. Using coloured pencils and ProMarkers I coloured some of the buildings and parts of the dress. I used Rose Pink ProMarker to colour the envelopes.  The white of the stamping paper is a bit stark for a shabby chic look so I went over the ruffles on the dress with the Picket Fence Distress Marker.

I added interest to the background by stamping some of the images from the Prima and MME stamp sets in Pumice Stone and Brushed Corduroy. I stamped the MME bunting in Worn Lipstick but it looked too bright so I knocked back the colour with a brown pencil.

After edging the piece with Rose Pink and Cinnamon ProMarkers I attached it to my pink card blank with double sided tape. I was lucky in that I had pink card that matched the Worn Lipstick but you could always colour a border on the front of a white card blank using either Rose Pink marker or Worn Lipstick ink.
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. I love this Deb. Those stamps look great and I love how you did the background, lovely soft colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are stunning - and what fabulous quirky images - will have to check them out!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Debs. A fabulous inky background and very clever stamping.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks fab. Soft and romantic and very original. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fluid background. A faultless creation
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...