Monday, 17 February 2014

Sparkle by Deborah



 
 

Kaisercraft: Decorative Tape Pieces; Texture-Tiny Dot; Confidence
Prima: Stitch Stamps - Lines
Creative Expressions: Vintage Hearts (optional)
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black; Cobalt
Watercolour Pencils
Black Card (for card blank)
Indigo ProMarker
Extras: Black plastic mesh; Water soluble pastels (alternatively, use Gelatos)


The background for this card came from a gelli printing session using the Heidi Swapp Heart Cluster and a piece of plastic mesh from a DIY store.

I've re-used the silhouette stencil I made for a previous project (for details see That's Blogging Crafty, February 3rd). I drew round it onto one of the brayering-off scrap paper sheets, cut it out and edged it with the Indigo Promarker for definition against the background. Once I had glued it onto the background, however, I thought the ProMarker was too dominant and so I went over it with a mix of watercolour pencils and water soluble pastels.

I laid the stencil over the image so that I could stamp to tiny dots and the splattered heart on top of it in Cobalt without going onto the background. I stamped the tape, sentiment and stitching in black.

I changed my mind and stamped the sentiment again on a scrap of gelli print.  However, once I had glued it on and edged it in dark blue pencil to blend it in with the background I decided I didn't like it and pulled it off again. This removed some of the blue paint - and I rather like the grungy effect. Finally I used double sided tape to attach it to a homemade black card blank.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. A really beautiful moody blue creation Debs. Love the shabby effect and your silhouette is fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning print to start with, and I love how you've embedded the silhouette. Great sentiment too - all adds up to a cracking card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silhouette is fabulous and that sentiment is equally fabulous.
    Brilliant!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, it looks like worn denim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wwo this card looks amazing, great colours and image!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...