Friday, 14 February 2014

Serene In Green by Fliss Goodwin


 
 

 

Hi there, I’ve just got my creative mitts on the new Stampendous monoprinting plate and managed to have a play. It’s going to become addictive I can see, as if you look at the pic below, you’ll see I managed to pull quite a few prints in one session.

 

Here’s What You Need 

Kaisercraft Single Clear Stamps – Butterflies, Honeycomb
Selection Of Acrylic Paints In Blues and Greens
Brayer
Floral Die

 

Here’s How To:
 

·       First make sure you cover your work surface as this technique is rather messy! Following the instructions on the pack, add dots of paint randomly to the plate and then use the brayer to roll the paint all over.

 

·       I had already cut some panels of paper to fit the plate and I recommend that you do the same as you need to be fairly quick when pulling off the prints and it’s quite a surprise how many you end up with!
 



 

·       Place a piece of watercolour paper on the paint-covered plate and press down all over with your hand. Lift the paper and you have your first print. Spray with a little water and take another print.

 

·       Add a little more paint – I used a lime green as the paint on the plate was mainly blue, then roll with the brayer and take another print. Spray with water and you can take a further print. You can probably pull a further couple of prints by spraying with more water as the paler ones are great for stamping on as backgrounds.

 

·       I picked a piece to make my card and trimmed it to fit. I then stamped on the honeycomb design with the toffee ink. I stamped the largest butterfly with the olive ink on a scrap of paper from my bits box as I wanted a contrast. There’s a pic for you to see it as it was made by stamping using a cork and Distress inks. So don’t forget to save the cork when you finish some wine – you never know when it might come in handy!



 

·       Die cut some floral sprigs from kraft card and assemble the card as you like. I used a kraft card blank to go with the die cuts and provide a lovely contrast to my serene greens.

 
 

See you next week when I’ll be sharing another creation made with one of my prints.

 

Fliss x

 

2 comments:

  1. You've got a lot of lovely textured prints from that session, Fliss. And I love how the cork stamping has produced such a beautiful, colourful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very cool new toy, Fliss! And lovely prints...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...