Monday, 24 February 2014

Modern Jane by Deborah



 
 

 
Although it's a vintage image I wanted to use 'Jane' in a graphic way so I stamped part of her onto the tag in black and embossed her. Then I masked her and stamped (and embossed) the Kaisercraft phrase repeatedly in the background.

I coloured Jane with the ProMarkers and edged the tag with the black ProMarker.

I stamped and embossed the phrase onto a piece of card, cut out the second sentence and coloured in with Lime Zest ProMarker. I edged it in black ProMarker before attaching it with some foam tape.

My tag is die cut from packaging so the background is paler than a Ranger manila tag; if this bothers you just cover the Ranger tag with off-white paper.

Incidentally, 'Jane' is actually 'Lina'. Lina Cavalieri was a 19th century opera singer and beauty. 20th century artist and designer Piero Fornasetti used this image of her on his iconic ceramics, furniture and fabrics.
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. It's altogether lovely Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that main image and I love your tag Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Debs and such clever use of the Jane image too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks completely amazing in this fabulous tag... and thank you so much for sharing the secret of her true identity!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked that you shared her identity as many might not have heard of her before or of the amazing Fornasetti.
    Love this tag because of the composition and the use of the bold colours of her "make-up" which draws the eye in all the more.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks even better face on. Love the text background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...