Thursday, 27 February 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow Journal Page by Carol Fox



 
 

I did a journal page on here a while ago that had a window cut in it, because of this I had to link the colours on the adjoining pages together, but that was a far as I had got with the two accompanying pages,  just laying down the colour. I have gone back and finished the pages off this week, linking some of the stamping into the previous pages so the 4 pages all flow together in my journal. The full details of page I had previously done can be seen here.

 

This is how I did my accompanying pages. 

·       My 2 pages already had a window cut in to use, (see the previous post) and the page was already sprayed with Bubblegum Pink, Sweetened Orange and  Pure Sunshine ink.

·       I used the Pomegranate stencil and spritzed through it with water lifting off the colour on the pages to give a subtle pattern.

·       I masked off the window area and applied Gesso using Cut and Dry through the mini Paint Lids stencil onto both the pages I was working on.

·       I carried the leaf stamping over from the adjoining pages onto my pages to give continuity.

·       I did the same with the black arrows which are black acrylic paint through a stencil. (this is a stencil I have cut myself)

·       I stamped a border around the window recess and around the same area on the page underneath, masking as needed.

·       I stamped and cut out the bunting and stuck it in place on the page, adding hand drawn lines to make it look like a line to hang it by.

·       I stamped and cut out the flowers and stuck these in place on both the pages.

·       The flowers in the background in the window area are stamped directly onto the page, the colour was lifted from the stamped area and they were re-coloured using Gelatos.

·       I stamped the two birds directly onto the pages and then stamped them again onto white card, cut out the body area and stuck them over stamped image.

·       My quote was stamped onto a piece of card I had kept from when I had cut the window when I did the original page. I cut the quote out and stuck it in place on the page as shown.

·       I coloured in the birds, bunting and flowers using Gelatos, adding Liquid Pearls to the centre of the flowers.

·       I edged the pages with black and added hand drawn lines to finish.

 




     I used 
Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Further Around The Edge, Bags of Bunting, Doodle Parts, How Does your Garden Grow, Quintessential Quotes
Dylusions Spray Inks 
White Gesso 
Crafters Workshop Templates: Mini Paint Lids, Mini Pomegranate
Liquid Pearls
Black Acrylic Paint



Carol
 

2 comments:

  1. Really love the eyepopping colour on your pages, Carol. And adding windows is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Carol. Love those bright colours and the quirkiness of the pages.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...