Saturday, 8 February 2014

Friends Arch by Donna Ratcliff


 




MATERIALS USED
Distress Paints – Antique Linen, Stormy Sky, Salty Ocean
Blue Chalk Ink Pad
Bit of string

 

Time for a bit of a play with some Artistic Outpost stamps…..just got to love ‘em! Starting to build a little collection now!!
 

1.    I painted one of the large Tando Arch bases with a mixture of Antique Linen, Salty Ocean and Stormy Sky Distress Paint.

2.    Then I stamped the boat from the Huck Finn plate at the bottom of the arch with black Memento.  Then I stamped the characters onto a piece of smooth white card and also a quote from the Chalkboard Wisdom plate.

3.    Then I cut out the characters and coloured with ProMarkers, also cut out the quote and gently rolled the card to give it a little dimension.  Using a bit of Cut ‘n’ Dry gently edge the quote and characters with a little bit of Black Soot Distress Ink.

4.    To add some more interest to the background I used a couple of Kaisercraft stamps…..Grid and Script…….and stamped them randomly using some dark blue chalk ink and black Memento.  I also used the blue chalk ink to lightly ink the edges of the arch.

5.    I glued the characters and quote in place with silicone to raise them slightly. Then using some Cosmic Shimmer Glue I attached a bit of old string that was kicking around in the drawer and once the glue was dry I lightly touched the string with some of the Distress paint.
 

Donna xx

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag! I love the background and the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boat shaped arch and the string - for me, they really make this special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. These are just the perfect stamps for depicting friendship. Totally great. I definitely must dig up my Huck-stamps after seeing such a very inspiring work. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Donna. Love stamping and the coiled string is a lovely finishing touch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of those terrific stamps - absolutely love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...