Thursday, 20 February 2014

Cowgirl Coaster by Carol Fox


 
 

 

I have used a basic 4 x 4 white tile as the base for my project this week, using the Cowgirl Plate from The Artistic Outpost to make it pretty.

 

This is what I did

 
·       I gave the tile a coat of Gesso to give the tile surface some “tooth” for stamping and painting.

·       I now stamped the main image and bunting using Archival ink, masking as necessary.

·       I masked both the images and coloured the background with acrylic paint.

·       Using a mask I added the stars with yellow acrylic paint.

·       I over stamped the background using blue Archival ink and the receipt stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds plate.

·       I stamped my quote in black Archival ink.

·       I removed my masks and coloured the image and bunting using acrylic paints.

·       I gave it two coats of Glue and Seal to protect it.

·       I edged it with gold embossing powder by pressing the edges into an embossing pad and then dipping it into embossing powder, then heating to melt.

·       I finished by “popping” the quote with Glossy Accents.

 

I used 


White tile from a DIY store
Artistic Outpost Stamps: Cowgirl Strength and Ephemera Backgrounds
Archival Ink Pads: Black and Cobalt Blue
Acrylic Paints – I used Claudine Hellmuth
 

See you next week,
 
 
Carol x

1 comment:

  1. Amazing artwork Carol and would never have guessed it started out as a tile.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...