Thursday, 16 January 2014

Thin Ice Journal Page by Carol Fox


 


 

I have been enjoying having a bit of time lately to work in my journal and I do love to try out techniques I have seen. The paper strip idea was taken from a lovely video that Magda made last year. She used it to decorate her journal cover, but I have incorporated it into a journal page. Rather than me try to explain it 2nd hand, here is a link to Magda’s post with the video. http://littleeverland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/dirty-job-video.html

  

What I did

 

·       I started by colouring and texturing my paper strips as shown in Magda’s video. I used Fresco paints in shades of Bora Bora, Sherbert and French Roast. These were the only colours of paint I used on my page. I followed her technique until I got as far as adding the texture (I used Grunge paste for this). When this was dry I highlighted it with gilding wax.

·       I put my strips to one side and coloured my page by very lightly spraying it with Dylusions inks in Bubblegum Pink and Calypso Teal, I heat dried this.

·       I wanted to spray my Fresco paint (Sherbert and Bora Bora) so I added about a 1/3 colour of each paint to two water bottles, added 2/3 of water and shook them really well. I then spritzed my page with them, it works a bit like the white Dylusions spray but with colour, and it really softens down a page’s colour very nicely. (and it’s another use for your Fresco paints woo hoo)

·       I used the French Roast paint through a stencil randomly over the whole page.

·       I now stuck my strips in place, positioning them as shown.

·       Using black Archival ink and two different background stamps I stamped over the page to blend the cut strips into the whole background.

·       I stamped my images and quote onto book paper, using the plain border for my quote.

·       I stuck these down with glue.

·       I added dots, doodles and swirls with Enamel Accents. I have only recently discovered these and I do love how the white accent made the dots pop. You do have to shake them really well before you use them or else they are thin and runny.

·      I ran a line of black paint around my page to edge it.

 

I used 


Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Pin up Queen, Monster Mash, Say What You Mean, Basic Backgrounds
Fresco Finish Paint: Sherbert, Bora Bora, French Roast, Little Black Dress
Paper, Tissue and Book Pages
 
 
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely pages Carol and the shabby look is gorgeous. Love the purple too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what stunning pages!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...