Friday, 10 January 2014

Sunny by Fliss Goodwin



 
 
 
 

Hello there, can you tell I have Spring on my mind this week! The weather has been so dreary that I wanted to make something to cheer up my kitchen and my new Stamping Gear stamps came to the rescue. I’ve made a very simple wall hanging piece which I think you’ll be surprised to see is very easy to make with the aid of the fabulous Inkadinkado Stamping Gear cog.

 

Here’s What You Need: 

AquaMarkers – I used yellow, orange and green
Paintbrushes - I really love my Claudine Hellmuth set
Round Chipboard Panel (mine is kraft coloured)
Embossing Folder to add texture
Circle Die

 

Here’s How To:
 

·       I chose the largest petal in the set and stamped this twice in a circle on to watercolour paper using the coffee ink. You should be able to squeeze them both on to a sheet A4 sized paper.

 

·       Colour the petals with the Aquamarkers. Start painting with the yellow, which I added all over. I then added a flush of orange at the outer petal edge followed by more yellow. I painted the inner edge with a flush of green. You’ll see what this looks like in the photo.




 

·       Once you’ve painted both circles of petals, cut then out and shape the petals by pulling them round the end of a paintbrush to curl them a little. Layer them up on to the chipboard panel, twisting the upper flower to sit in between the lower circle’s petals.

 

·       Die cut a circle of kraft card and emboss with your chosen folder – I used my old faithful Cuttlebug textile folder, then stick in the centre of the flower. Add some knotted linen ribbon through holes at the top to finish. How easy is that!

 

Definitely short and sweet this week!

 

Have a great day and see you again soon.

 

Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. Fab hanging, Fliss. You can't go wrong with a sunflower, especially in dark, cold January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cheerful sunflower - the layered petals work beautifully!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful creation to hang in your kitchen Fliss.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...