Thursday, 2 January 2014

Mind Working Overtime Journal Page


 
 
 

I have a journal page to share with you today. I made a lovely mess on my desk with lots of ink and paint. (As you can see from my photo I like to add tags to my journal. I make the pockets for these in a new journal before I start to alter it, so then I just colour the tags to coordinate with the adjacent pages. I have not included the pockets and tags in my “how I did it below” as they are not specific to this page).

 

This is what I did.

 

·       My book is A4 sized. I used a double page for this layout and I started by totally saturating one half of the double page with Dylusion Ink Sprays in three different colours: Vibrant Turquoise, Bubblegum Pink and Funky Fuchsia, I then shut my book to colour the facing page too.

·       When this was dry I spritzed it lightly with White Linen that I left to pool and dry naturally on the page.

·       I used a stencil with the After Midnight Dylusions Spray to add extra colour to the main background, before using London Night Fresco paint through a different stencil to add further detail and build up my background.

·       Lastly on my background before I added any stamping I added gesso through a honeycomb stencil to “lift” the background.

·       I stamped my main image onto off-white paper using black Archival ink and stuck this in place on my page.

·       I die-cut cogs from old book pages and coloured these with the same Dylusions Inks I had previously used and added these to the page as shown, to form the hair of the image and also over the facing page to balance the page and draw the whole thing together.

·       Using black paint I edged the paint using a stencil, also dragging the paint around the edges of the page to border it, and then drawing lines with black just inside the painty border.

 


 

·       I made custom foam stamps by die cutting funky foam and layering up the same shape a few times and then attaching the shape to an acrylic black, I used this with black paint to stamp the large cogs onto the page.

·       I finished my page by stamping a couple of shapes in the two corners and the words as shown. I highlighted aspects of the shapes and the words with Glossy Accents to make them “pop” a little on the page.

 

 

 

I used 


Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Dy’s Alphabet
Stencils: Tando Stencils Incognito and Cogs Group Mask
              Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Honeycomb
Funky Foam
Sizzix Dies
Odd word rubber stamps from my personal stash

 

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2014, 
 
 
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. never thought about making my own stamps from die cutting and funky foam! guess what i'll be doing next time i'm off! fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good way to make alphabets too . X

      Delete
  2. Your funky foam stamps worked really well, Carol - and I love all the layers of blues and purples.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...