Monday, 13 January 2014

Cowgirl Wisdom by Deborah



 
 
Sometimes a card comes together after I've rooted through odd bits of this and that I have kept 'just in case' - painted paper, images I've stamped on odd scraps...
 
Today I found a bit of paper I had experimented on by brayering paint onto an embossing folder and then printing with it. The cowgirl came from a card that went wrong. I thought she looked good against the distressed stripes and that was this card was born.
 
I stamped the chalkboard sentiment where the stripes where there was a gap in the 'stamped' stripes and added the Tim Holtz star beneath to fill in space. It also happens to echo her belt buckle.
 
After edging the background with Slate, I glued it to a card blank then added the bunting. It was stamped on a separate piece of paper, cut out and and coloured with the same ProMarkers I used to colour parts of the cowgirl. 
 
I edged the card in Tea Green and Slate but the white surround didn't look quite right so I filled in with Buttercup.
 
Deborah
 

7 comments:

  1. Terrific card Debs, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Debs. Love the shabby chic look and that text stamp is gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could not have picked a more perfect background for your Cowgirl.
    Great fun that both you and I have been playing with the same set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came together beautifully Deborah.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant combining of the AO stamps, and I so love the bleached sun-drenched look of it - great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have used the cowgirl stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - love how you have brought out the touches of yellow with the frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...