Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Art Gave Her Wings by Alan Scott



 
 

I mentioned in a post a while back that I am exploring the idea of using M.D.F as my base for my creative projects. By doing this I'm able to put hangings on them and they are able to be mounted on a wall space quite easily. They are also a flat sturdy base. This is the first project and I'm very pleased with the way that it has come out.
The main stamped image is from a very creative set of stamps. They are approx 6 inches tall. The name of this stamp is Character Constructions Clearly Constructed Stamps - The Mannequin Cafe Collection Plate 6 designed by Catherine Moore. This and almost all the materials I have used are available from That's Crafty! It would also give me the opportunity to use my first Prima Mixed Media Doll Tag Pad that I bought before Christmas. These are a time saver!
I have used 3 other stamp sets which were used to add highlights to the project these were: Prima Stamps called Stitched Stamps Lines ~ Mixed Media Doll ~ Wings and a stand by set of stamps from Hero Arts Stamps called Stamp Your Story ~ Brush.
 

MATERIALS USED:

M.D.F. Sheet cut to size (5.5ins x 11ins)
12 x 12" sheet of Decorative Paper from your Paper Stash!
Multi Media Crafting Glue
Decoupage Glue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads ~ Vintage Photo ~ Rusty Hinge ~ Aged Mahogany
Baby Wipes
Paint Mixing Bowl
Pencil
FlexMarkers: Antique White ~ Light Fawn
Double Sided Mounting Foam
Strong Clear Glue (and or in a syringe)
Gold Mirror Card
Craft Knife
Scissors
Post-it Notes
Text printed from your computer or stamp sets
Ultra Strong Contact Clue
Metal Hanging Ring 

 

LETS MAKE A WALL HANGING!


Now then, this time I'm going to try and make it less chatty. I just want to see how the response is when it's kept short sharp to the point and not my normal War and Peace style lol.
 

Well here it is my canvas.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This final part was what made the tag become what the wording said. Using some Prima Word Paper Design and the Mixed Media Dolls Wings stamp and then cut the wings out. Again edge them with the ink pad.
 
 
 
 

The final thing to do after the wording has been positioned is to seal the wording in. Using Glossy Accents go over the wording. This will also bring the wording to the fore.
 
There you have it. The first project I have done using this new format. I am looking forward to seeing what else I can do. I have started getting my MDF canvases ready. So far I have prepared 9 - some 14" square, some 18" square and a few like this, off-cuts from the big sheet that I bought and had cut at the DIY Store.
 
Take care, Keep safe and in this weather keep warm.
 
 
Happy Crafting

 
Alan
 

 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...