Sunday, 5 January 2014

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Lynne Moncrieff


 
 
 

 

Hello and welcome to the first of my DT projects for 2014.
 

SUPPLIES 

Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Tea Dye
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Shipping Tags (substitute with manila tags or Crafty Individuals Mixed Tag Pack – note that I had all my tags pre-stained but you can easily stain with Distress Inks or Distress Stains.
Extras:- wooden plaque, burlap, cork buckle, button, jute string, book page painted with Gesso
 
 

INSTRUCTIONS
 

I found this wood plaque in a home décor store, in their sale, towards the end of last year. The timing was perfect as I had just received the Huck Finn stamp plate. The plaque had writing on one side but I knew I could flip it and work on the rear.

Although I liked the finish of the plague I didn’t want to leave it in its natural state so I …
 

·       Dry brushed Gesso before repeatedly stamping large text onto the plaque with StazOn then edged with Vintage Photo.
 
 



Tags
 

The three tags I used had all previously been stained. To mimic the tags the quickest way would be to use Distress Stain in Walnut.

 

·       Onto each tag randomly (and lightly) stamp text stamp with Tea Dye.
 

·       Onto the two larger tags stamp the images with VersaFine, I used my Speedball Brayer.
 
 



 

·       As I had painted book pages to hand, I stamped the large text stamp and various word stamps onto this. Tear around each word and ink edges.
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       Onto the third tag adhere 'Explore' and 'Discover' then staple a mica tile onto the tag. Adhere some words with silicone glue for dimension.
 
 
 
 
 
 

·       Create embellishment with burlap and a cork buckle. Attach jute string to tags, thread jute string through a rustic button and adhere to the top of one of the tags.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Until next week,
 

Lynne

13 comments:

  1. Perfectly rumpled and crumpled. I love the jute and hessian embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful vintage style project Lynne! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created the most wonderful vintage look with this beautiful set of stamps! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing project Lynne. I adore it all. The aged look you have created with all the elements is right up my street.
    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way of using tags. Wonderfully vintage !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tattered shabby chic look to complement the fab Huck Finns... gorgeous make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the texture and the ripped words - so much for the eyes to take in and enjoy. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the step by step photo's- love the antique look and the shabby look! Love the Fab AO images too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as always Lynne and love the vintage shabby look.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous look with the stamped plaque,behind your beautifully stained and stamped tags, dear Lynne.-the light blue tone, looks so great behind brownish and white adds, and the stamps are so wonderful.
    So wonderful to use not one, but 3 tags !!
    Hug and xx, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the rough-hewn and distressed look of this project - perfect for the subject matter! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project - love that shabby American South look-love the way you have made the layers! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...