Monday, 16 December 2013

We Three Kings by Deborah


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sometimes you  need a last minute Christmas card and this one utilises a stencilled background from my stash and two simple stamps.
 
During a previous play session I sprayed Dylusions inks through the cathedral window stencil onto a piece of A4 card. Because there was a lot of ink still on the stencil I flipped it and used it as a stamp on the rest of the card. I like the random, rather messy look you get from this technique.
 
I trimmed the stencilled card into sections and chose this piece for my card.  All I had to do was stamp the three kings from the Tim Holtz set in black then add the star, which is actually a compass from the 7 Gypsies set. I edged it in a random, uneven fashion with black ProMarker, then mounted it onto a card blank.
 
Deborah

6 comments:

  1. love the simplicity but still big on impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In total agreement with Paula.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I have to concur :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking card Debs. Great background for the silhouettes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is glorious. Your background looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic - you can almost feel the heat shimmering off this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...