Monday, 30 December 2013

Renew Your Mind by Deborah


 
 

 

The chalkboard look is a popular trend in crafting right now and this card not only features Artistic Outpost's Chalkboard Wisdom stamps, I've also extended the chalkboard look to the entire card.

After dabbing on the Picket Fence paint, I stamped each of my images two or three times onto the IndigoBlu card so I could choose the best imprint. It helps not to press too heavily on the acrylic block on your first print to help ensure a clean impression. You are aiming for chalky and distressed, not clogged and blotchy.

Once the paint had dried I cut out the words and background stamp with deckle edge scissors (simply because I found them, lying forgotten, at the bottom of a box of stuff) and used the paint to edge both pieces. After sticking them onto my card blank, I added the stars and circles.

Don't  forget to clean the paint from your stamps as soon as possible!
 
Deborah

4 comments:

  1. I love the chalkboard look Deborah and this make looks wonderful!!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the chalkboard technique - a great make, Deborah!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic chalkboard effect Debs. Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...