Friday, 6 December 2013

Midwinter by Fliss Goodwin




 

 

Hello there, I don’t know about you but I’m still making Christmas cards. I always say I’ll get them finished by the end of November but every year I’m still creating them in December! I have one here to share using the beautiful Artistic Outpost Midwinter stamp set and I’ve used quite a restrained colour palette which I think suits the images.


 

Here’s What You Need: 

Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink
Oval Die or Oval Cutting Equipment
White or Cream Poinsettia Style Flowers
Pearl Brad

 

Here’s How To: 
 

First make the frame. Cut a piece of manila card slightly smaller then the card blank. Cut an oval shape out of the centre large enough to fit the cabin image in comfortably. Dry emboss with the snowflake folder. You’ll probably need to do this twice to cover the whole frame. If you use the Cuttlebug folder as I did, you can turn it up the other way to emboss the other side and it will look as if you did it all in one go.
 

Swipe the gold ink pad over the raised areas and immediately heat emboss with the Frosted Crystal powder.
 

Sponge the Antique Linen Distress ink over the top. When this is dry, swipe VersaMark ink round the edges and emboss with the Puff White powder for a snowy look.
 

Cut a piece of the smooth stamping card slightly smaller than the frame and stamp the cabin image on with the coffee ink, checking the best position using the completed frame. Stamp the deer image on a scrap of the stamping card using the same ink. Cut the image out when dry.
 

Assemble the card by sticking on the cabin panel and adding the frame over the top. Position the deer on the right side of the frame. Alter the poinsettia flowers by swiping with the gold ink and layer them together with a pearl brad.

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

2 comments:

  1. Love that restrained colour palette, Fliss. I'm still making my cards too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful traditional feel to your card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...