Monday, 2 December 2013

Gilded Window by Deborah


 
 
 
 

 

For this card I began by attaching the cathedral window stencil to black card with some masking tape. Then I spread Flitter Glu onto the Phat Foam according to the instructions and patted it through the stencil. With the stencil still in place I rubbed the flakes on, removed the stencil (washed it immediately) and rubbed away the flakes with the Scoochy Sponge.

I'd actually missed a few bits when I dabbed on the glue so I sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer. I only had silver but Rich Gold or Ancient Copper would work better. I trimmed the card to size then edged it with metallic ink.

I stamped and embossed the Tim Holtz sentiment then used my Big Shot to die cut around it. I attached it to the card with two layers of foam on a roll, finally mounting onto a card blank.

I had to use what I had so in a perfect world I would have used a gold or copper shimmer spray and a different shade of gold ink and embossing powder. You could dress it up Sue-Wilson style with bows, jewels, flowers but I didn't have anything suitable to hand - and I quite like the restrained version.


Deborah

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful make, love the gold stamping against that stunning background, and it looks just perfect to me! I think adding SW style embellishments would spoil the beautiful effect to be honest, and just distract from it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is glorious! The most dramatic effect has been achieved and definitely the right move not to have embellished it.,
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is absolutely beautiful Debs. The gilding looks amazing and that's my fave Christmas sentiment (just need to remember where I put it!)
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly amazing - what an inspired idea to use the flakes through this particular stencil - it looks magnificent! And I don't think it needs a single extra thing...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...