Thursday, 19 December 2013

Festive Tag by Carol Fox




 
I have a festive tag to share with you today, I hope you enjoy it.

What I did
 

·       Apply the rub-on's onto your tag, making sure you burnish them down really well. Peel off slowly - if when you are peeling off any bits start to lift up, put the backing back and re-burnish again. For some reason the white don’t seem to stick as well as the black.

·       Ink your tag with Festive Berries Distress ink, then carefully rub the colour off of the rub-on's so they a nice and white.

·       Position your stencil and use Evergreen Bough to give a nice Holly pattern, try and avoid the area where the rub-on's are.

·       I then did a bit of the old “spritz and flick” technique on the tag, I love this as it blends the stencilled bit into the background and stops it “sitting on top” of the background.

·       Stamp the trees using black Archival ink, it was at this point I wished I had some black Distress glitter and a Christmas Word Band as they would have looked very nice.

·       I added my non-Christmas word band (sob) with brads which I bashed a bit with my hammer to give them that battered look I love.

·       I dragged a black dabber round the tag to frame it.

·       I finished off the tag with a die cut poinsettia and a few little twiddley bits, all of which were cut from plain cream card and coloured with Distress inks, all held in place with glue and a large brad.

 

          I used 

Tag 
Poinsettia Die
Fir Cone Die
 

 

I admit I do love Christmas, not just for the day, of stuffing yourself and then veging in front of the TV, although it is very nice lol. But I enjoy the build up and all the lovely Christmas inspired items that you see around at this time of year, and as this is my last post before Christmas and indeed for this year. I wish you all a very happy Christmas and I hope that 2014 brings you lots of happiness. 

 

Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...