Thursday, 5 December 2013

Bird House Decoration by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
 
I have had some of these little Baker Ross bird houses in my stash for ages and I have decided to alter one to have on the hall table this year as part of my Christmas decorations.

 

This is what I did.

 

·       I painted the outside of the house with Fresco Paint in Sky, when this was dry I knocked back the colour a bit with Picket Fence Distress Stain.

·       I alter a lot of these little houses so I have a template I keep for the shape and size of the outside of it, so using these I cut pieces to fit the sides and roof from tissue paper.

·       I mixed Fresco Paint and Distress Stain on my craft mat and gently laid the cut pieces of tissue in this to colour it, be very gentle as the tissue is very fragile when wet. I heat dried them all.

·       I stamped my images onto the tissue using black Archival ink, masking where necessary.
 
 
 
 
 

·       I heat dried them all before using Multi Medium to stick them onto the sides and roof of the house.

·       When they were all thoroughly dry I edged the house with black ink.

·       I used Glossy Accents to add lots and lots of glass glitter.
 
 
 
 

 

I used 

Tissue Paper 

 

I have a feeling this may moult glitter for ages, but as it is going to be next to a large tree shape I made from twigs and also added mega amounts of glitter to I don’t suppose it really matters. I do love the glass glitter as it is very sparkly without the obvious look that you get with some glitter.
 
 
 
 

 

See you next week,

 

Carol x

3 comments:

  1. Love the mix of the chunky glass glitter and cool blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fabulous - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Carol. Great cool colour choice and love the touch of bling.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...