Monday, 4 November 2013

Winter Wreath Tag by Deborah



 
 

 

I know it's a little early to be ushering in Winter (I'm not one of those people who  make all their Christmas cards in July) but I wanted to use my Inkadinkado Stamping Gears and the Pinecones Evergreen stamped wreath is one of the easiest ways to ease yourself in to a new way of stamping.

I painted the tag with gesso - I stippled it on with a sponge to create some texture - then dry with a heat gun, for speed and also because it adds more texture. Then I added the blue Fresco Finish and Distress paints with a sponge and my fingers. Mermaid covers the entire tag, Salty Ocean and South Pacific were blended in randomly. I used the heat gun in between each colour.

Using the inside of the circle gear (not the cog) I stamped the larger pine needles  in Perfect Medium then embossed in white. Then I repositioned the circle gear (use the stamp on the paddle to place it exactly where you want it) I stamped the leaves and berries and embossed in the Frantage embossing enamel. Lastly I stamped the small pine needles without  using the circle gear and and embossed with the distress powder - only because that's the only blue I had. I coloured the berries with the stickles.

I stamped the larger pine needles in Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough around the edge of the tag (no embossing) and used the Iced Spruce ink pad direct to edges to define it.

Tim Holtz' Chitchat stickers are my ever-growing list of must-haves but for this tag I made do with stamping the words. I had some red tinsel twine to thread through the hole - there's some Tim Holtz tinsel twine in various colours at That's Crafty!
 
Deborah

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful Deborah! You really are getting the best out of the stamping gear. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant wrong with the classic teal and red colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are beautiful and I love the composition of that stamped wreath in particular.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Debs. Great colours and it looks like the stamping gear is one for the wish list.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag. Getting more and more tempted to have a go with the Inkadinkado stamping gear system!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and love the colour scheme, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very striking tag, and the fuzzy yarn adds the perfect finishing touch. I'll have to read all your instructions several times, there are all sorts of mysterious and unknown (to me) processes and materials here, but they all sound enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely - I love the turquoise with the frosty stamping, and the red accents are so fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...