Friday, 8 November 2013

Steampunk Christmas Baubles by Fliss Goodwin


 

 


 
Hello there, this week I have some Christmas hanging ornaments for you with a Steampunk flavour and you could either hang them on the tree or just use them as decoration elsewhere. I just love these quirky snowmen by the ever talented Lindsay Mason and wanted to show them off on something other than a card.

 

Here’s What You Need: 

Adirondack Paint Dabbers – Citrus and Pool 
Paper Towels
Oval Cutting Die

 

Here’s How To: 

Die cut 2 oval shapes from the grunge board and paint with the gesso, dry and then add a coat of the citrus paint with the dabber. I added a little water to the paint to make it flow more easily.
 

Add some pool paint with the dabber over the top of the citrus then blot with a paper towel. I had a serendipity moment here as the paper towel took off most of the paint and left a pretty pattern from the embossed towel. I liked this so left it at that. I stamped a few snowflakes on with the teal ink.



 

I then stamped more snowflakes over the top with the embossing ink and embossed one oval with the aged bronze and the other with the aged silver. I ran the ink round the edge of each over and then embossed this with the enamels, reversing the colours from that on the snowflakes.
 

I stamped the snowmen on white card with the black ink and heat embossed the images with the clear powder – detail is best for this. I coloured the images with ProMarkers and then cut them out leaving a narrow white border.

 
 
 
 

I punched holes at the top of the ovals and added a loop of bakers twine to each. I then added the snowmen with foam pads.

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. Such fun baubles, Fliss (not noticed those snowman stamps before).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...