Monday, 25 November 2013

Lanterns in the Trees - A Card by Deborah


 
 
 



 

When I was spraying the Mister Huey's through the Forest stencil for another project, I flipped the stencil and 'stamped' with it onto a small piece of gelli printed paper. I blue-tak'ed it to a cupboard door where I could see it and ponder what to do with it over the course of a few days.

After some days' thought, I decided to stamp the string of paper lanterns between the branches, then stamp them again onto tiny scraps of gelli printed paper (I never throw anything away!). Once I'd glued them on I realised I needed to outline the white trees with a fine black pen.

I chose the words because I imagined stepping through the gap in the trees into the unknown, possibly a magical world. I stamped them onto another gelli scrap and cut them out, leaving out 'confidently' because I didn't want to unbalance the layout with too many word blocks. I edged them with a superfine black pen.

Before mounting onto the black card I edged the piece with ProMarker and added a little more colour with pencils to the lanterns and the word blocks.
 
Deborah

11 comments:

  1. loving the colour...and I like the thought of the lights lighting your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful, Deborah, the trees and the lanterns stand out so well. And as always your process is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make, love the stamp and you have used it so cleverly, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your imagination has once again soared with your use of the lanterns. In deep contrast to the art with the stencil but both sharing amazing creativity and boundless imagination.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lanterns in the trees, great imagery.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes - beautiful! And I love that it started as just an afterthought from a flipped over stencil! The trees are gorgeous, as are the tiny lanterns - just love this... it's like lights in fairyland.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Deb you done it again,just love this card !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful, and I love the thought process behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Debs. The trees look amazing and love the string of lanterns, a really great idea.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this - it looks so good. I need to look for that stencil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...