Monday, 18 November 2013

Lantern Girl by Deborah


 
 
 

 

This week I've given the tilted face stencil an oriental look - in fact she reminds me a bit of Yul Brynner in The King and I :-)

I was really just experimenting when I stencilled the face onto white painted paper from my stash with Walnut Stain. This came out quite pale so I went over it with the fine end of a black ProMarker, adding some eyeliner. That decided me to go with an oriental theme.

I gave her earrings and a headdress of lanterns from the Sheena Douglass set. They were stamped onto scraps of gelli print with Jet Black archival ink. I stamped the maple leaf onto a couple of the lanterns for variation.

I assembled and glued everything onto a tag I had covered with some brayering-off paper from a gelli printing session. I stamped the Chinese script around the edges and 'fantastic' onto a another gelli scrap.

To finish, I gave the lanterns something to hang from with a fine black pen for the smaller lanterns and a piece of paper covered wire, coloured with the black ProMaker for the larger one. I used the ProMarker to edge the tag.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. What a striking piece - love how you've put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imaginative, creative and so bold.
    The most amazing use of stamps to bring character to the face.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing! Love how her face just glows in the midst of all those vivid lanterns.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Debs and really love the quirky use of those lanterns.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stylish - I love the Yul Brynner look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...