Sunday, 3 November 2013

It's Snow Time by Lynne Moncrieff




 

With Halloween now past, my thoughts are definitely turning towards Christmas, I cannot begin to tell you how far behind I am with my preparations!
 

Recently I shared with you the first of my winter/Christmas themed projects and today I am sharing another.
 

SUPPLIES

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adage Tickets (this torn end was lying on my work area so decided to incorporate it!)
Crop-A-Dile
Extras:- Buff shipping tag (substitute with manilla tag), ticking fabric, vintage lace, vintage doily, jingle bell, baker’s twine (I used thick baker/butcher twine but substitute with craft twine), corrugated cardboard and Kraft* style paper sourced by re-cycling cardboard box and a fragment of burlap. 

 

INSTRUCTIONS

Tear panel from corrugated cardboard and apply Gesso. Adhere Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Flakes, I use Gel Medium as my adhesive of choice. Tear a piece of ticking fabric, pleat the length and adhere to the bottom edge of the panel. Tear another length and form into a bow. Create two holes at the top of the panel and thread baker/butcher twine. Attach a jingle bell with jump rings.
 
 
 

Dry brush Gesso onto tag, abrade edges and sponge Distress Ink. Now stamp the boys on sledge directly onto the tag. Onto Kraft style paper* stamp stars, cut out, ink and adhere to the tag then adhere the tag to the panel. Stamp the wee bird, fussy cut and adhere to tag along with a length of vintage lace. Stamp label and calendar page and layer with burlap fragment and torn edge of an Adage Ticket which I distressed. Adhere to panel.
 
 
 
 
 

Stamp On The Naughty List onto found paper, edge with Distress Ink and adhere above the tag.
 

 

Cut piece from large vintage doily and adhere to the panel. Gather a Prima Natural Bark Icon and edge with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Flakes. Stamp a star and layer onto a Prima Natural Bark Icon Star. Adhere all to the bark circle. Rip a piece of ticking and tuck beneath the bark. Adhere to the vintage doily. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Until next week.
 

Wishes
 

Lynne

22 comments:

  1. This is so adorable but such a lovely piece of artwork too! I wonder how many times those little boys have been called in for their tea! Beautiful, Lynne,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful piece, Lynne - and one of my favourite colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Lynne, love that OI stamp of the sledge and the little touches of red just really add to the festive mood!! Gorgeous, took me right to my happy place this morning!

    Just letting you know that the link in the post on your own blog wasn't working for me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the welcome to the DT Lynne, much appreciated.
    Loving your wonderful project...beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Lynne. Love the texture and appearance of the gesso, wonderful stamps , beautifully adorned

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Lynne...The texture is fantastic... Love the sweet image..Love the colour combination... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Lynne. I love the vintage look that you always achieve so well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage look. It's stunning !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynne! You took my breath away, again, with this beautiful Holiday piece. I love this image of the boys on the sled and am toying with using it for some of my cards. I just love all the bits and pieces you've added to your card. Thanks for stopping by my blog with such kind words. Just got my Stampers' Sampler and saw all your beautiful work! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful hanging - I love the painted corrugated card with those sparkling flakes, and the ticking and twine give it such a great primitive look. Fabulous stamping too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another wonderful piece! This is great Lynne! Love all the gesso in the corrugated cardboard!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fabulous Lynne and wonderful textured as always.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous texture! This is a delightful piece Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done - now just how naughty could these little boys be I wonder!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous panel with wonderful details, love the star on the vintage doily !! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OUTSTANDING CREATION, I loooooove it...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Lynne. Love it!
    I hear the snow is expected in the UK by the end of this month! Yippee!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful As Always Lynne.
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet hanger for christmas, dear Lynne,- you alwayes find new wayes of using the fabric, like here, your pleated piece in the bottom- lovely!! The background of corrugated cardboard looks amazing, and the stamped tag, and little adds so beautiful.
    Dorthe-xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can almost feel their fun Lynne! Very evocative piece so beautifully done. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how Lynne used the corrugated base...so many great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...