Monday, 11 November 2013

Go Confidently by Deborah


 

 

 

As soon as I received the Tilted Up face stencil I spent an afternoon playing with it, looking through my stamps and gelli printed papers to see how they looked together.  A print I had made using the Fire Coral stencil from Artist Cellar made me think of flowing hair - and luckily it fit well with the face which I had stencilled onto a painted scrap.

From there it was a case of matting and layering other scraps of gelli printed paper until I had a composition I liked. The Go Confidently stamp happened to fit nicely. I edged the blue background with Neon Blue using a distressed edge stamp.

The die cut flowers were a last minute addition to cover up a mistake at the edge of the face but I think it would have needed something anyway.

This piece doesn't as yet have a purpose - I might put it in my journal or it could be matted onto an oversized card.
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. I love this especially the hair - a fabulous piece.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love how the face and hair are such a perfect fit. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally wild, love it, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fab Debs. Love the quirky hair idea - it looks amazing!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing use of stencil to create the hair and the texture you achieved.
    She has such character to her face.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card - I really like her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hair is inspired!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...