Thursday, 28 November 2013

Alice Tag by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
 
 
I was given some poinsettia die cuts a while ago and when I was using them I thought I would try them in non-Christmas colours on a tag. I wanted to use the new Alice Stamp by The Deep Red Cling Company so that made my choice of colours shades of blue.

 

What I did

 

·       I applied some old rub-ons from my stash to a tag and then applied Distress ink over them to colour the tag, I also distressed the edges and inked them.

·       I tore a piece of scrap card to size and painted this with Fresco paint, applied a layer of crackle and then a 2nd colour over the top, (I went for a pale colour as I wanted to stamp directly onto the card and colour my image, stamping and painting onto crackled Fresco is one of my favourite things to do).

·       I stamped my image in black Archival ink and heat set it, I then used a blue Distress marker to colour the dress and a yellow for Alice’s hair. These sink into the paint and give a lovely old look to the colouring in.

·       I cut a piece of corrugated card large enough to layer the image onto, inked this with brown and layered the image onto it. I stuck this in place onto my tag.

·       I coloured my poinsettia pieces with blue and brown ink, layered them up and left them to dry for a few moment while I tied ribbon round my tag. I added a couple of die cut twiggy leaf bits and stuck my poinsettia in place holding it firmly by adding a very large brad to it’s middle.

·       My A is a left over chipboard letter from another project, I painted and inked this and finally added Frantage glitter to it, when dry I stuck in in place.

·       I finished with some Frantage flakes on the flower,  a bit of jewellery cord to the top of the tag and some glass glitzy things I found in my stash.

 

I used 


Die Cuts
Ribbon and Cord

 

See you next week,
 
 
Carol x

7 comments:

  1. Alice just looks great in any setting!
    Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. it needs a home somewhere in the Derbyshire district Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag. I especially like the crackle togheter with Alice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous tag Carol. Love the blue tones and all the lovely texture.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the crackle behind Alice and the colour is gorgeous

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the way you've used the Alice stamp - it's a fab image to play with, ay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this - Alice looks amazing on the weathered crackle, and the poinsettias are gorgeous (never really that keen on them in red!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...