Thursday, 31 October 2013

Turn Back Journal Page by Carol Fox



Page 1


  
I have another page in my Journal to share with you today, using one of my favourite quotes from the Dylusions sets of Rubber Stamps.
 

Page 2

 

 

What I did 


·       Mark the window in position as shown in the photo of Page 1.

·       Now colour two double pages using the same colour pallet.

·       Cut the window on the 1st page.

 
Now work on the two pages using the same inks and techniques so they have cohesion. Mask off the area on Page 2 where the window doesn’t cover with a piece of card cut to the right size. Do not use the piece you have cut out of Page 1 as you will need this to stamp your quote onto.
 

·       Using a stencil and a water mister to lift the colour from your pages.

·       Use stamps and Archival ink to add interest.

·       Use co-ordinating paint and stencils to add pattern and depth to your pages.

·       Finish your background by using gesso through a mask.

·       On both pages stamp the leaves up the side of the page using black Archival ink.

·       My arrows are from a custom stencil I cut myself from acetate, I used black paint through this and then stamped the words using the alphabet in black Archival ink.

·       I stamped a border round the cut out window and the corresponding are on the 2nd page using black Archival ink.

·       In the framed area on the 2nd page I added the bunting using black Archival ink and the circles are stamped with a bottle top using black paint.

·       I stamped my quote onto the piece of card I had cut from the page in the 1st step, cut this up and added it to the 2nd page.

·       I stamped my main image and bunting pieces onto white card, and stuck these down. I coloured these once they were in position.

·       I edged the page with black paint and added hand drawn lines to the edges and to join the bunting on the 1st page together.

 

I used 

Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Dependable Dotty, Bags of Bunting, Quintessential Quotes,  Basic Backgrounds, Further Around The Edge, Doodle Parts, Dy’s Alphabet
Dylusions Ink Sprays: Bubblegum Pink, Sweetened Orange, Pure Sunshine
Fresco Finish Paints: Pumpkin Soup, London Bus, Pansy, Little Black Dress
Stencils 
Gesso 
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
 

See you next week,  
 
Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...