Monday, 14 October 2013

Tie Dye Hippy Chick by Deborah




 

 

One of the texture stencils on the Well Rounded sets reminded me of tie dye materials from the seventies so that's what inspired my hippy chick tag.

I gessoed my tag and when it was dry sprayed with Dylusions ink, rolling a roll of paper towel over it to lighten the colour. Then using the Distress inks I stencilled through the Well Rounded Stencils (both sizes) using mostly the tie dye sunburst shape.

I placed the mask of the girl with the afro onto the stencil and inked Chipped Sapphire around her silhouette using cut and dry foam off (without the tool). I also used Chipped Sapphire to stencil the stars from Hippy Chick and stamp the words.

I used the same inks and stencils, with the chevron from the MME stamp set, to decorate a sheet of paper, then traced the bead templates onto the back. I roll my beads on a cocktail stick and use a glue stick. I left them naked as I wanted a natural finish rather than a glossy one. I threaded them onto some blue paper thread from my stash (99p for 5 or 6 different colours from The Works).

Yes, you can make paper beads without a template but I like the fact there are 8 different shapes and sizes. My beads are somewhat irregular but that's down to me (Ms Sloppy) rather than the templates.
 
Deborah

8 comments:

  1. Awesome stencilling and I LOVE those beads. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beads are a fabulous addition, fits the style so perfectly.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Debs and love those bead additions.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeee Deb,especially the beads,nice touch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stencil work and the gentle silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic stencil work, and I love the colours - those beads are fab too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...