Friday, 4 October 2013

Tangerine Dream By Fliss Goodwin


 
 

Hi there, you might need your sunglasses for my card this week as it turned out very bright! I did want something cheery, both to go with the text stamp I wanted to use and also to cheer up the grey and drizzly day when I created the card. Lots of inking and stencils are involved here but it’s much easier than you might think.

 

Here’s What You Need: 

Stamps Used:

Mr Huey Spray Mist – Sherbet Sorbet
Distress Inks – Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain

 

Here’s How To: 

Cut a square of watercolour paper to fit your card blank and the spray first with the sherbet mist to cover and then spritz on some of the shimmer mist for some sparkle.
 
Using the doily stencil, sponge Spiced Marmalade Distress ink onto the sprayed paper with a cosmetic sponge. I find it best to use a circular motion for good coverage. Remove the stencil and allow the paper to dry for a few minutes.
 
Next use the Vogue stencil to add a figure to the paper with the Vintage Photo Distress ink applied with a cosmetic sponge. Before removing the stencil, stamp the flourish from the Twig and Berry set with the Walnut Stain ink. I did this without using an acrylic block as it is much easier to push the inked stamp down with your fingers and ensure it stamps properly – I can tell you that it doesn’t with a block having already tried that!
 
Stamp the text in the upper right corner of the paper with the Walnut Stain ink and then stick the paper to your card blank to finish. As you can see, the glimmer shines even through the inking on the silhouette figure.

 
I hope you enjoyed this and that you have a great weekend.

 
Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fliss...I love it when you go bright! These are some of my favourite techniques at the moment and you make it look so much fun! I love your card.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So orange it's postively juicy - love it, Fliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously bold - definitely a statement card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...