Thursday, 10 October 2013

Sparkly Shoes Journal Tag by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
As soon as I saw these new stamps Dylusions from Ranger I just knew I had to have them. I have used them on the larger sized tags.

 

This is what I did

 

·       Spritz the tag with Dylusions sprays, mist with water and heat dry, repeat until you are happy with the colours.

·       I used several masks, misting them with water to give interest and colour variation to the background.

·       I again used various masks and Fresco paints to add extra colour and layers to the background.

·       I stamped the dots from the Basics Background in Vermillion Archival ink, I used the stamp by holding it in my hand so I could roll it as opposed to “stamping”.

·       I used black paint to add the black stencilling as it was all looking to “one colour”.

·       I edged using the spider web stamp and black Archival ink and stamped the spider with this too.

·       A piece of torn text paper was added to image to walk along so she was not just floating in mid air.

·       I stamped my image once onto stamping paper and again onto text and them coloured and layered the text as shown onto the main image. I stamped and coloured the skull and hat gluing in place as shown.

·       I stamped and added my quote to my tag, edging it with a black paint dabber and circles stamped with a lid and black paint.

·       I layered the decorated tag onto a larger sized black one and added red stickles to give her sparkly shoes to tie in with the quote.

·       I used a sewing machine to add stitching around the edges and in the other spots that you see on the tag.

·       I finished by adding Glossy Accents to the spider and a piece of tape to the top.

 

I used 


Dylusions Rubber Stamp Sets: Pin Up Queen, Bits of This, Day of the Heads,
Quintessential Quotes, Basic Backgrounds
Archival Ink Pads: Black, Vermillion
 
 
 
Carol

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...