Monday, 28 October 2013

If Wishes Were Horses by Deborah


 

 

 
 
For this card I used up scraps of card on which I had sprayed Dylusions inks through the Dots and Dashes stencil. The two right hand pieces and central panel were created using the inky stencil as a stamp. Once I had cut them to size, I ran round the edge with the Iced Spruce ink pad.

After stamping the carousel horse in Watering Can, I cut round it (omitting some of the flowing ribbons) and coloured it in with a mix of coloured pencils and ProMarkers.

Once I had assembled the panels and main image, I added some pink and green to corners of the central panels and lightly edged the horse with Ice Grey 4.

The card needed something to finish it and link the horse to the background, so I stamped and coloured one of the motifs from the Carousel stamp set twice and the letters W I S and H from the Circus Alphabet.
 
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Such a colourful card Deborah. Loving those background panels. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of colours. Has a sort of watercolour feel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make Deborah, love the background and great colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Debs. A fabulous example of grunginess.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a dreamy quality to it and also reminds me of illustrations from vintage children's book - so beautiful and I love the title of this post.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. great background and beautiful horse! and perfect colors, love this unique card Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful. I never throw scraps away - they can come ion so useful, as demonstrated here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely - I love those panels in the background, and the carousel horse looks beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...