Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Day of the Dead Mini Altered Study Cards by Mandy C


 
 
 
 

What I used
 
Oddments of backgrounds
Or
White Card, Halloween Coloured Sprays ~ Orange, Green and Purple
White Gel Pen

 
 

I’ve not made any of these mini tags for a while and so I thought when I got this mini Day of the Dead stamp set, it would be a perfect combination.

For the top 3, I chose some background oddments… as I generally make A4 backgrounds I always have bit and bobs left over so ideal to use them up on these mini tags.

I stayed with the traditional hallowe’en colours of orange, green and purple. I glued the backgrounds onto the mini cards (they are fairly flimsy so easier to add the background with double sided tape to re-inforce them).

I’ve added a little bit of an old book page to a couple and then the last one I added some washi tape to the bottom.

Stamp directly onto the tag, and then also onto some stamping card using the little skellies. Colour with watercolour pencils. I tend to do this as it ‘positions’ your image where you want it. Before cutting and sticking the skellies onto the tags, stamp the cob/spiders web from the Tim Holtz set and the bat from the Bo Bunny set.

Glue your cut and coloured skellies onto the cards, using the Cosmic Shimmer glue (I’d be lost without this glue now!)


Highlight with the white pen.
 
 
 
 
 

For the fourth mini tag, I used the large sugar skull on the Bo Bunny set. I used some Mustard Seed Distress Paint with the Sunrays Stamp from the Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge Set ~ stamped top and bottom of the tag. The sugar skull is stamped with Black Archival onto white card, coloured with watercolour pencils and cut out. Edged with the Night sky chalk ink.
 
 
Mandy C

3 comments:

  1. Those stamps are so cute - nearly bought them myself. And they're prefect for mini tags. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous Mandy and love the images and bright, zingy colours.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome --- great work, absolutely. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...